Tuesday, October 30, 2012

29-30 weeks pregnant!

Ok, I know, I know, I've totally missed my 29 week post! Things were crazy last week and Merlin had lots of studying to get done so my computer time was limited but I'll try to do my best not to miss any from here on out!


Baby Growth: Baby Kynslie is about 15.7 inches long and should be weighing in around about 3 lbs at this point! There’s a very good chance that she is dreaming now when she sleeps. She is also starting to get wrinkles in her brain. These grooves and indentations create more surface area, meaning that she has more room for brain tissue. She’s also starting to get some strength – she is now strong enough to grasp a finger! There is about a pint and half of amniotic fluid in my uterus right now, but that amount will start to decrease as his size continues to increase.




 

My Symptoms: Tired, tired, and more tired! It feels like my first trimester all over again, well, besides the sickness! Ughh!!! The nerve pain on my right side seems to almost be gone now which is A-mazing! It makes for much better days and afternoons at work. I have started noticing a little bit of swelling in my hands and feet if I overdo it or stand up too long. I usually just try to rest and prop my feet up when this starts happening.

I'm still having trouble slowing down and not doing as much. Lindsay and I went to Kentucky this past weekend for a good friends wedding and I thought I could just stand up and do what I usually do during the reception and yes, in heels the whole time. But by the end of the night, my feet were killing me and after not going to bed until 3, I was hurting and uncomfortable the whole next day. And 12 hours traveling in the car was not as easy as I had expected! I can't hang like a non-prego anymore! This has been so hard for me to accept because I still want to go and do fun things but not taking into consideration how much different it is for me right now!

Also, at my doctors' appointment this past week, I was told I have a UTI. Which really surprised me because I had no symptoms (and I usually can always tell when I have one). The midwife prescribed me the antibiotic Macrobid to take to clear it up. I was fine with that until I made the mistake of researching it online and reading all kinds of horror stories about babies stopping movement and having to be immediately delivered after taking it. So, I've been trying some natural remedies to flush it out because antibiotics during pregnancy really just scare me. But I go back to the Dr on Friday, so if it is still lingering, I'll have to really consider the medication.


Weight: Ughh, getting to the point where I don't like talking about this now! I gained 2 more pounds in 2 weeks which the Dr was happy with and they said was normal. So that puts me at a total of 25 pounds, yikes!

 
Belly Pictures: Since I missed last week, I'll show you pictures of 29 and 30 weeks! :)

Here is 29 weeks!


And 30 weeks!
 

 
Our first baby was jealous he hasnt been on the blog yet! Poor baby doesn't know what he is in for with his sister on the way! We love this baby so much!
 


 
Gender: We had our 3d ultrasound last week and she's still a girl!


Maternity Clothes: It's getting harder and harder to find things to wear! I can wear dresses in bigger sizes but most of my small tshirts are way too short to pull off now!

Movement: She still loves to roll around and kick like crazy! She sticks out body parts but I still can't tell what they are! At our 3d ultrasound, she was in breech position but they said she still has a few weeks to roll around so they will still be keeping an eye on that.

Sleep: Still about the same! Haven't been waking up as much in the middle of the night to use the bathroom so that has been nice. But I do still wake up turning side to side and wake up on my back alot still which scares me!

What I Miss: Being able to have clothes to wear! I feel like my selections are so limited now!

What I’m Looking Forward To: Really looking forward to next weekend for my next shower! I have several friends coming in from out of town for it and I can't wait to see everyone and spend time with them!

Cravings: Still nothing crazy! I did want some pop tarts on our Kentucky trip so I got some blueberry ones and they were delicious!


Best Moment of the Week: Seeing sweet Kynslie at our 3d ultrasound (post to come)! And being able to spend time with my sister this weekend on our Kentucky trip and seeing old friends at the wedding who don't live close anymore! We stayed with my long time best friend, Renee (whose brother was the groom) and it was so nice to be able to spend time with her because I haven't seen her since I've even been pregnant! Here are a couple of pics from the wedding!

Renee, me, and Kynslie at 30 weeks at the wedding reception!
 
 
 Me with the groom, Nick, a long time close friend!
 

 


Questions or Concerns: I go back to the Doctor on Friday so I'm anxious to see if the UTI is still lingering around, I still haven't had many symptoms. I've also noticed I have alot of little red dots on my hands lately and just wondering what that is.


Goals for the Week: We bought a cubicle storage for Kynslie's closet and my sweet hubs assembled it while I was gone over the weekend. So I want to get her things organized now that we have more space! We took our epidural class Monday so just sign me up when I get to the hospital, I'm not even going to attempt to be tolerable of pain! :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha yes you'll be asking for it before you get there!! All this excitement is so much fun to hear about :) I hope your uti will be cleared up by Fri, but if not you prob need to take the full dose!

    ReplyDelete