Thursday, October 4, 2012

26 weeks pregnant!


Baby Growth: This week, Kynslie continues to practice her breathing by inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid. She also now has the brain capacity of a newborn. From now until delivery, half of her expelled energy will go to brain development. She is averaging about 14 inches long and weighs about 2 lbs. Pretty soon, her eyes will start to un-fuse and she will begin to blink. Her hair on her head is continuing to grow in, and her eyelashes are starting to grow as well!

My Symptoms:
Still the same old thing, back pain and crazy nerve pain all the time. Merlin and I have tried some pretty inventive things this week to try to help ease the pain including literally duct taping my boob up to take the pressure off that spot. haha. Sounds so crazy, but at this point, I'll do anything if it will make me feel better! That actually helped for a little bit but then my bra was still digging into the same spot, so problem sadly not solved. I also tried putting some foam makeup sponges up under my bra to take the pressure off and that helped some but it was a pain to keep them in place all day! This will be one thing I can't wait to be over with!

I've also noticed I'm not able to do as much as I feel like I can. I still feel like a normal person and try to do what I alway have but have realized that is not the case. We went to Athens this past weekend for a GA game and to see Myron and Christie and had a great time but didn't realize how worn out I would be! From tailgating and being on my feet all day, climbing 55 steps at the stadium, being up and down at the game, and walking uphill a LONG way back to the car, I was struggling by the end of the night! My poor little feet were so swollen and I was exhausted. Maybe 20 weeks should have been the cut off for activities like that! haha

Weight: Total of 19 pounds so far!

Belly Pictures:


 

 

Gender: Girl!

Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all maternity except for some dresses that Ive just bought bigger sizes in. I've been looking for dresses for my showers and weddings I have coming up and it seems that people who make maternity clothes thing all of us pregos want to look like grandmas! I'm not into dresses to my kneecaps even if I am almost 7 months pregnant!

Movement: She still likes to move and dance around! The movement is very strong and I love feeling it! Merlin and I were laying in the bed earlier in the week (her favorite time to move around) and he could really feel her and see her moving my whole stomach, which I told him is how it is most of the time now! One night, I fell asleep before him and he had his hand on my belly while I was sleeping and he said she was up moving around until almost midnight! I think we are going to have an active night baby on our hands when shes born, yikes!

Sleep: Surprisingly, this has been the best part of the day. I usually hear horror stories about how you can't get comfortable being prego and get no sleep but I have gotten awesome sleep the last couple of months! I'm hoping it stays that way and sleepless nights are not going to set in soon! I haven't even been waking up in the night to use the bathroom which has been so nice! I've been able to sneak in a short nap on my lunch break every now and then too and that has been wonderful to give me a boost of energy to finish out my day!

What I Miss: Being able to do things like I always have and having to energy to do normal activities that wear me out so much now!

What I’m Looking Forward To: So much coming up to look forward to! This Saturday I'm going with a bunch of friends to the Luke Bryan farm tour, in town, so I'm excited about that although, I definitely have to remember a chair because I won't make it standing up the whole time. And I'm SOOOOOO excited about our first baby shower next weekend! My sisters and some friends are throwing a Kentucky Derby themed couples shower for us, where everyone is dressing up, and I think it's going to be so much fun!

Cravings: Nothing in particular, I could just eat all day! I'm always hungry!

Best Moment of the Week: Getting to take a trip to Athens (probably our last for a while) and see Myron and Christie's beautiful new house and spend time with them and some other friends and also watch another GA victory!

Questions or Concerns: Nothing really. I'll go back to the doctor next week and then we will be going back every 2 weeks, which makes it seem really close for her coming! (well, I guess it is!, haha)

    
Goals for the week: Find cute outfits for me and Merlin for the Derby shower next weekend! Also, taping on the chevron wall has officially begun! I don't think I realized what we were getting ourselves into when I asked Merlin to do it. It's basically like figuring out a big math equation with all the measuring and drawing out points to make the lines straight and equal! Hoping we can pull it off! :)

1 comment:

  1. Exciting things happening!! Maybe we can find a bigger makeup sponge for your bra :)
    I'm so excited to see you next weekend! And I have no doubt that Merl the magician can pull off the perfect chevron! haha

    ReplyDelete