Sunday, October 21, 2012

Kynslie's nursery update!


So, we have been working more on the nursery this week and it is really starting to come together! I'm so excited about the progress we have made and the fact that we have somewhere to put her now if, for some reason, she came ahead of schedule!

Merlin started working on the dresser this week because he was ready to get it completed and into her room before his classes started really picking up this quarter. I forgot to get any true "before" pictures before he started working on it but here's the best I got....





Here is a picture of the dresser at our shower, it was used as the amazing table of sweets but you can get a better feel for what it really looked like before.....



Luckily, my awesome bro in law, Aarron let us borrow his electric sander so that made the sanding job much easier on my sweet hubby! Here it is sanded and ready to be painted!


 

We decided to paint it pink to match the same color pink chevron on the wall. Merlin hard at work painting away.....




Here is a picture of the freshly painted drawers!
 
 
 
 
And, finally..............the completed dresser that I'm in love with!!!!!!
 
 
 
I think I mentioned before, but I have a very talented friend that is great at sewing and offerred to make Kynslie's crib skirt and curtains! She has been working hard at getting it done and gave me the crib skirt at the shower! I couldn't be more happy with it, it's perfect!
 
 
 
We moved the dresser into her room this weekend and I started organizning all her little clothes we got from our shower and it's been so fun getting her room ready! Here is a look at how the entire nursery looks now with another piece of furniture in it and the crib sheet and skirt on!
 


 
I'm ordering her monogram to go above her crib this week!!! I'm so excited about this because I think it's going to be just the touch I'm missing!  We also have several pictures we want to hang on the walls but I'm trying my best to wait until we get everything in the room to make sure of where we want them to be! So exciting that her nursery is getting closer to becoming finished and that she will be here in less than 10 weeks now! Yay!
 

2 comments:

  1. The room looks great!! I still can't believe how quickly your pregnancy seems to be going! The countdown has begun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the transformation! It looks amazing! I can't wait to see the rest of the room!

    ReplyDelete