Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kynslie's nursery progress!


So, Kynslies nursery is finally starting to come together! I'm so excited that the room is finally starting to look like a nursery and now I can picture her being in her little room! Let me just say I have the best husband ever!!!! He put in SO much time and effort into making her room exactly what I wanted and pictured! Before I go on, let me warn you, the chevron wall turned out perfect but I don't know if I would ever recommend anyone doing it on their own because it was ALOT more work than the pinterest tutorials make it out to be! haha. My hormones definitely got the best of me waiting on this wall to get done and I know Merlin is so sick of hearing me nag!

He painted the three grey walls a couples months ago and started on the accent wall by painting it white. It took alot of headache, research, measuring, sketching and much more before he could even get started on the taping of the white wall for the chevron stripes. He finally had a plan and started on the taping last week. Here is a little documentation on the progression of the wall!

So here is how the wall started out...


This was the begining which took forever because we had to figure out the angle we wanted and how wide we wanted to stripes just by eyeballing it. The rest of the taping was much easier but getting that first row was a bit ridiculous!

First row almost complete! Yay!
 

 
 
Taping almost done!!!!
 
Putting the final touches on the taping!
 

And now the fun part finally began.....the painting! This is when I could finally see it coming together and actually looking like what I had been wanting!

 
 
AND.....drumroll please......presenting the beautiful chevron wall by Picasso Paulk!
 
 
I'm so in love with it!!!!! My husband is amazing!!!!


Here is a picture of against the grey walls, I'm so happy with all the colors we chose!


Tonight, we also assembled her crib and put it in her room and that has made it so real for me!


I'm so ready to get the rest of her room decorated and ready for her! I can't believe she will be here in 11 weeks!



Now, onto our next project...her dresser!!!! :)


1 comment: