Thursday, September 27, 2012

25 weeks pregnant!

So, I survived the glucose test!!!! And honestly, it wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected it to be. I had heard such terrible stories of how awful it was so I was expecting the absolute worst. It was only a tiny cup that I had to drink and it just reminded me of an overly sweet and tart orange Gatorade. The worst part was having to wait for an hour, trying to keep it down because it was making me naseous since I had an empty stomach. I saw Dr. Sharons' midwife this week because he was out in surgery and she was super sweet and answered lots of random questions for me. She also measured my belly and it's right on track for what it should be. Kynslie's heartbeat was 154 this visit so she was being very active at the appointmenet!

Baby Growth: This week baby Kynslie is measuring in at about 13.5 inches and weighs about 1.5 lbs. All of her spine structures (vertebrae, joints, and ligaments) are all coming into place. This means that she is now able to support her body weight. She is also to make brainwave patterns – meaning that she is starting to gain a memory. The good thing about this is that not only can she hear our voices, now she can start to recognize and remember them! Which is so cool to me to know that when she is born, she already knows who mama and daddy are!  Lastly, all of the intricate details of her hands and fingers are now 100% complete!



My Symptoms: Same ole, same ole...the nerve pain is becoming more constant throughout the day. I've discovered my worst days are on Mondays when I have been able to rest over the weekend and then hit the ground running hard at the beginning of the week. This week, I also switched out my hard back chair at work for a more comfortable office chair that I can recline back in and stretch out so that has definitely helped my back and nerve pain. I asked the midwife about the nerve pain I was having and she said it was totally normal as long as it doesn't radiate to my shoulder or arm (that would mean its a gallbaldder issue). I've also started laying down in the bed on my lunch break, after I eat, and stretching out to give that pain a break for a few minutes. This has seemed to help me make it through the second half of my day without as much pain.

Weight: I had gained 2.5 pounds since my last doctor visit (3 weeks ago) so I'm up to a total of 19 pounds. By now, its normal to have gained between 16-22 pounds so I'm right on track although I feel like I'm much bigger than I should be. The midwife said that even if I gain a pound a week from here on out, that would put me at a total of 35 pounds and she would be happy with that.

Belly Picture: I was slack this week and forgot to do a sticker picture. But my wonderful photographers came to town to do a photo shoot with me and the hubs so I have WAY better belly pictures this week then I could ever do!

Love, love, love this one!!!!!
 
 
 


 

Gender: GIRL!!!! Although, I had a dream this week that I had the baby and it was a boy! It totally freaked me out because in the dream, we had no clothes for him and his nursery was all for a girl! It was the weirdest dream but felt SO real!


Maternity Clothes: Finally starting to wear mostly maternity clothes except for my scrubs. I raided another friends closet this week and got more jeans, comfy pants, tops, and some dresses so hopefully this will get my by the rest of the pregnancy without having to spend much more money on maternity clothes.
 

Movement: This girl can move!!! She is starting to move more during the day too. At night is still her favorite time to be most active. She makes my whole belly move from the outside and it is so cool to watch. It's getting now where my stomach almost looks distorted because she will be pressing up on one side and making it really hard. We can feel body parts now, just as hard spots though, not really able to tell if it's a head or a butt :) She's finally moving alot more for her daddy now too! He was feeling my belly last night and talking to her and she kicked right as he was talking, too sweet! She's going to have him wrapped in no time :)


Sleep – I've still been getting good rest at night. I toss and turn throughout the night but it's not keeping me up at all!

What I Miss: Still just being comfortable doing the normal things I always do! It's so weird getting winded on just doing simple things around the house and being uncomfortable in my own skin!


What I’m Looking Forward To: We are going to Athens this weekend for the GA/TN game and I can't wait to hang out with the bro and sis-in law and see their new house! Also, Merlin has finals this week and will be out of school for 2 weeks before his next quarter starts and he is planning on finishing painting the nursery. So I'm really looking forward to getting the walls finished so it can start coming together!

Cravings: No really weird or interesting cravings this week! I just want to eat ALL the time!


Best Moment of the Week: Seeing our sweet baby moving around so much this week and seeing her kick when Merlin was talking to her. Feeling her move truly is, by far, the best part of pregnancy!  Also, I had so much fun taking some maternity pics with my sis and bro in law!

My Questions or Concerns: I'm assuming my glucose test came back normal becuase I haven't heard anything and their policy is no news is good news!  They said the results should come back by Monday and since today is Thursday, I'm hoping I'm in the clear! I don't really have any other concerns since we just had our visit and we will go back in 2 more weeks from tomorrow.

Goals for the WeekFor the next two weeks, the goal will be to get the nursery finished up now that Merlin will have time! Can't wait to see the chevron wall done and her dresser painted!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for breezing through the glucose test-see, Lola needs her occasional cupcake! We had fun at the pic session-just think, next time you will be 1 month away! Eeekk!!

    ReplyDelete