Monday, July 23, 2012

16 weeks pregnant!


We are back from our beach trip and baby's girl's first family beach trip! We had such a great time relaxing, spending time with the family, and soaking up some rays! It was definitely hard getting back into the grind of work today after being off since Wednesday! Here is our first family beach picture! :)


Baby Growth: Baby Paulk is now about 4.5 - 5 inches long (about the length of an avocado) from crown to rump. So the baby is 5 inches from the tip of the head to the hiney. Baby is also weighing in at a whopping 3 – 3.5 oz! Toe nails are starting to grow this week. The baby’s head is also erect this week and not tilted inwards like it has been. The very early stages of hearing are starting now, but it will not be fully developed until about 24 weeks. 


My Symptoms: Still feeling pretty good although when we were doing our gender reveal pics at the beach last week, I started getting lightheaded and felt like I was going to pass out if I didn't sit down. 

I have started getting some back pain all in my lower back and that same spot above my butt, that is my sciatic nerve, I guess. 

Weight: Still haven't weight since being at the doctor's office but after being on vacation last week, I don't even want to know! haha. I guess I'll weigh this week at the gym and see...

Belly Pictures:  It was so nice of our wonderful photographers (Aarron and Misty) to take my pictures again this week at the beach. And Misty made me another super cute chalkboard!

A sneaky pic Misty got of me while I was unaware, but I love it! :)


Not my favorite pic of me, for sure, but it was baby girl's first beach trip, so it seemed appropriate and I LOVED the chalkboard!


My favorite belly pic so far! My photog and assistant are so talented! :)



And here are my non professional sticker pics for the week!




Gender: All GIRL! Yay!


Maternity Clothes: Still wearing most of my clothes. Some of my smaller scrub tops are getting a little tight on my belly but other than that, I'm just not a huge fan of wearing any of my jeans anymore!

Movement: Ok, so I think (key word, think, haha) I felt the baby move several times at the beach this week. Maybe it was because I was so relaxed and really aware of feelings all week. It's still hard to tell if it is her or not, but it felt like a little thump or wiggle a few times. 

Sleep: Not too good this week again. I can’t seem to get comfortable. I’m very restless and toss and turn all night trying to stay off of my back. I also seem to wake up earlier than I have to because after sleeping for a while, my back starts hurting and I have to get up. 

What I Miss: Vacation! And just doing nothing and relaxing at the beach with no cares!


What I’m Looking Forward To: Feeling the baby move and knowing for sure it's her! And giving baby girl a name! We have several we really like, so it has been super hard narrowing it down!

Cravings: I randomly craved a slush drink from Sonic yesterday. I guess it was because I was talking with a friend about wine slushies and it made me want one SO bad. I never got it, so maybe I will later this week :)


Best Moment of the Week: Being able to share with our family and friends that the baby is a girl! 


My Concerns or Questions: No major concerns right now, my knee randomly started hurting really bad today but I don't think it has anything to do with the baby :)

My Goals for the Week: Finish cleaning out the baby's room and get ready for a yard sale. I've almost got everything emptied out and separated into piles for yard sale, trash, and what I'm keeping but now I have to find places for everything I can't seem to throw away :)


1 comment:

  1. Oh this is so exciting-and thanks for the props! I love being involved with your fam pics :) Hope your knee and back start feeling better-take a little rest now and then!

    ReplyDelete