Thursday, July 19, 2012

15 weeks pregnant!


So with all the excitement this week, I didn't find time to update this so I'm a day late! Sorry! :)

Baby Growth: This week, baby is about 4 inches long (about the length of a large apple or a navel orange) and weighs about 2.5 oz.  Her body is now longer than the head and she can move all of their extremities very well! Even though the eyelids are fused shut, the baby can sense light. This means that if we put a flashlight up to my belly, baby might even move to get away from it.  Ossification also begins this week. This means that all of those teeny tiny bones are starting to harden!

My Symptoms: I think I am finally in the clear with the morning sickness! I feel pretty good everyday unless I get really hungry and then I sometimes get a wave of nausea. Otherwise I feel like a normal person again!

I can also tell that I have really gotten a lot of energy back.  I'm still pretty tired at the end of every day but nothing compared to that first trimester!


I have noticed that I have been pretty hormonal this week also. It's a strange feeling, not being able to control my emotions and being happy one minute, mad the next, and crying following that. And poor Merlin typically gets the brunt of it all!


Weight: I haven't weighed since I've been to the doctor a couple weeks ago so hoping I'm putting on  a good, steady weight and not too much at once!


Belly Pictures:  I've finally starting to feel like my belly is begining to look more defined and not so much like a gut! It's still pretty small in the morning but it grows throughout the day, especially after I eat! These were taken at the end of the day, so a little rough :)




And finally, a much more professional picture once we got to the beach with our wonderful photog and assistant! Beach bump pic!


Gender: We finally were able to find out what the baby is this week and we were SO excited to find out that it is a GIRL!!!!!!!! Merlin knew the entire time but I honestly never had "the feeling". But I couldn't be more thrilled to welcome a sweet baby girl into our lives!!!

Maternity Clothes: Still just pants, I'm able to still wear all my shirts and dresses.

Movement: Not yet! Or if I have, I don't know it and am not able to differenciate that feeling from anything else. SO ready to really feel this sweet girl kicking and moving around and to know for a fact that it is her!

Sleep: I've started not sleeping too well this week! I guess it's because I know I'm not supposed to be sleeping on my back anymore because it will cut off blood supply to the baby. But every time I wake up in the middle of the night and in the morning, I'm on my back and it scares me. So, I've started putting a pillow behind my back and between my legs to help keep me on my side but it hasn't been super comfortable yet. My sister gave me her pregnancy pillow so I plan to get that out of the attic this week and see if it's more comfortable.

What I Miss: Nothing really! 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Relaxing at the beach the rest of the week and spending time with the family! Also feeling the baby move!

Cravings: Still haven't really had any major cravings or things I "have to have". I still just love sweets and am hungry all the time!

Best Moment of the Week: Without a doubt, finding out that Baby Paulk is a sweet little girl!!!!! (post to come about this)

My Concerns or Questions:  Feeling okay about everything right now regarding the baby! We started looking around at baby furniture and everything we are going to need and got extremely overwhelmed and wonder how we will pay for it all! Not to mention, the doctors office told us this week that starting in August we will begin paying for the Doctor's delivery fee until December. So slightly stressing about where all this extra money is going to come from but at the same time, knowing God blessed us with this baby and he will take care of it all!

My Goals for the Week: Relax and enjoy time away with the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment