Tuesday, July 10, 2012

14 weeks pregnant!

We had an exciting baby week! We got to go to the Bump again and see our sweet angel! It wasn't as active as last week (I guess because we went early in the morning and I hadn't been moving around as much either). But we tried to see if we could determine what it is early but it was hard getting the baby to move into a position that we could really tell. Leanna (our friend that owns The Bump) had an idea of what it is but wanted to wait until our actual 15 week appointment this week to tell us for sure! Here are a few pictures of sweet Baby P at 14 weeks!


This is the baby in 3D! You can see the top of the head and sweet little arms, belly, and knees touching at the bottom!


This is, by far, my favorite pic we have so far of the baby! It looked like it was waving at us and its little hand is so perfect already! You better believe I counted those five fingers and they are all there! :)


We went to the Doctor immediately after our ultrasound. It was a pretty quick appointment, he used the Doppler and checked the heart rate (which was 150). He said everything looked good and that was pretty much the just of the appointment, in and out in 15 minutes! I guess since we had just come from seeing the baby and we have a Doppler at home so I get to listen to my baby whenever I want, the Doctor's appointment wasn't as exciting as I had hoped! Haha When we go back, I'll be 18 weeks and we will do the ultrasound there too. 


Baby Growth: The baby is averaging in at a whopping 3.5 inches!  Roughly, he/she is the size of my clenched fist.  Baby also weighs about 1.5 ounces right now.  The baby can now suck his/her thumb and move all around my belly!  Baby is also starting to get a thin covering of hair all over his/her body.





My Symptoms: I feel SO much better! I haven't taken my Zofran going on two weeks now. I still get a wave of nausea/weakness every now and then but as long as I eat something of take a minute to sit down and rest, it goes away. I still feel pretty tired all the time, not quite as bad as it was but its definitely still there!


Weight:  I don't even want to admit this! We went to the Doctor on Friday and according to the scale, I've gained a total of 7 pounds! OMG!!!!! I freaked out a little when I saw that but I hear it's not too bad for 14 1/2 weeks. I guess it makes sense though going from a strict diet to trying to eat healthy for the baby and indulging when I have a craving! I'm hoping this slows down and stabilizes this next month!

Belly Pictures:  These are definitely not my best, but we had just gotten back from a trip at the lake all weekend so it's the best I could do! haha! I did finally get my belly stickers in this week though so I was excited to use them!





  
Gender: Merlin is still completely convinced it's a girl and I'm starting to get the feeling also but it could really go either way for me!

Maternity Clothes: I can still wear all of my tops and most of my pants with the hair tie but the maternity capris I bought are SO much more comfortable!

Movement: I've felt a couple bumps that could possibly be the baby but it's so hard for me to tell!


Sleep: Still no problems sleeping just continuing to get up for potty breaks. Its starting to get a little uncomfortable now, though, to sleep on my stomach. So, I'm usually on my side now. 

What I Miss:  Not too much, maybe just not being able to control my weight anymore and having to accept that gaining weight is good for the growth of the baby. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Finding out the gender this Friday morning!!!! Yay! Although we are waiting to tell friends until next week because our fam will be at the beach and we want to tell them first (we can't go down until Tuesday night) and then we will reveal to everyone else!

Cravings: I'm all about some chocolate milk right now!

My Concerns or Questions: Nothing in particular right now since we just went to the Doctor and he said everything was great!

My Goal for the Week: Get things together for a yard sale we are going to have in a few weeks to try to get rid of some of the junk we have in the baby's room

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for gender reveal!! I'm def team pink!!
    And don't worry about 7 little lbs sista, it's all Lola and won't stay on you :)

    ReplyDelete