Sunday, June 3, 2012

9 weeks pregnant


We FINALLY got to go to the Doctor this week! I felt like I had been anticipating this day for so long since we found out we were pregnant at 4 weeks. I had a lot of anxiety leading up to this day and really, this week. With my first two pregnancies, I never made it past week 8, so just to get to week 9 this week was a huge weight lifted off. Then, going to the doctor made it so much better! We had a wonderful appointment and we got to see Baby Paulk and it's little heart beating! It was such an amazing thing to actually see what has been giving me all these body and emotional changes. I surprisingly didn't lose it completely in the office, I suppose I was just so overjoyed by seeing our baby, that I couldn't be anything but ecstatic! The doctor told us things look great and everything was going as it should this time around and we go back in four weeks to hear the heartbeat!

Here are a couple pictures of our sweet Baby P!





Baby Growth: This week, the baby is the size of a grape! Also, the baby is now officially a fetus instead of an embryo! The head is still pretty big and is measuring about the same size of the body. It is developing his/her tongue, lips, and nose. The eyes are there and already have eyelids! The baby is also starting to move around and moves its limbs a lot, but the baby is still too little to feel this. Little baby also has a gender now! Woo hoo! Last, but not least, the baby is forming it’s fingerprints this week.


My symptoms
:
Week 9 started out with me getting dizzy and feeling like I was going to pass out in the shower, followed by being extremely nauseous all morning long. I still have not actually gotten "sick" yet. The Doctor prescribed me Zofran at my appointment this week so hopefully that will help when I start getting these feelings. I started getting some pain in my lower back area, which after researching, seems that it could be the baby already on my sciatic nerve. Lastly, I totally look pregnant now, especially at night and after I eat. My stomach gets so poochy and there is no sucking in anymore! We plan on not going completely public with the pregnancy until a few more weeks, but this is going to be hard to hide with this baby already sticking out!
Weight: After I said last week that I had gained 2 pounds, I got on the Doctor's scale Friday and it said that I am the same weight I was when I first found out, so I'll take that!

Gender: The baby has one now! A friend of ours is opening a 4D ultrasound studio here in town in a few weeks so we plan to find out what we are having in about 6 weeks, yay! I haven't felt any "hunches" on what it is yet, but last night I did have a dream that we had a girl! Then I talked to a friend of mine today who also had a dream last night that we had a girl and my niece, Addison, told me yesterday that we were having a girl, so.....fingers crossed! :)


Maternity Clothes: Not yet!


Belly button: Still in!


Movement: We saw the baby moving around on the ultrasound this week, but it's still too small for me to feel it yet! I can't wait for that moment though!

Sleep: I'm still staying exhausted all day long. I've been able to sneak in naps everyday this weekend, which does wonders for me. But its not feasible with me working all week unfortunately! Still waking up to go to the bathroom once a night.

What I Miss: looking good in a bathing suit! haha


What I’m Looking Forward To: Getting to the second trimester so that I can feel even less worried and so we can FINALLY tell the world our news! It has been SO hard to keep it in, especially after getting pictures of the baby that I want to show off to everyone!

Cravings: Nothing, really. I have thought a lot about pizza lately, which is really weird for me because it's not something I ever want. I haven't given into it yet, but Pizza Hut may be calling my name soon! :)

Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: By far, seeing Baby Paulk for the first time! Seeing our baby and knowing it is fine, just left me with such a peace all weekend! I know God is completely in control of this pregnancy and he is blessing us with a baby this year!

My Concerns or Questions: None really right now, since I asked all my questions and got such a huge relief at our appointment this week!

Goals for the week: Continue to rest and take naps if I’m tired without feeling like I'm being lazy and wasting the day away. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am so glad that you were able to finally see baby P and are mostly relieved. We are continuing to pray!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little grape-sized baby! How exciting! Get those naps in... you're going to need them later!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete