Sunday, June 17, 2012

11 weeks pregnant

This week actually turned out being a lot more fun than I had planned on! We planned on announcing the pregnancy this coming Wednesday, when I turn 12 weeks. But our plans got changed a little bit from a little slip up on Facebook. So, we decided to go ahead and announce because we were getting so many calls and questions. It was actually a relief to go ahead and announce though because it was getting really hard to hide it now and several people were catching on! We announced on Thursday and it was so much fun getting all the calls and texts from people congratulating us! Sooooo glad it's out in the open now!

Baby Growth: This week, our baby is almost 2 inches in length, about the same size as a fig! The baby is also moving a ton! He/She can do summersaults, kick, and move his/her arms and legs. The webbing between the fingers and toes is now gone! The kidneys are fully functioning and the baby is producing urine. Also this week, blood will begin circulating through the baby’s body. The placenta will start functioning this week, as well. Up until now, the baby has been receiving all he/she needs through the yolk sack. Baby is also able to get hiccups now!







My Symptoms: I had one bad day last week. We went to the gym and I didn't take my Zofran or eat breakfast (I did have some crackers though) until we got home and after I got a shower. I guess the Zofran didn't have time to start working because that terrible weak, nauseous, and lightheaded feeling began to come over me again! I managed to get ready and go to work on time, despite how I felt, and eventually I started feeling better. Needless to say, I have been taking the Zofran as soon as I wake up now! My back continues to hurt, on and off, throughout the day and I've been getting headaches a lot more than I ever have before. Still continue to be exhausted!!!!!!! I'm ready for this to get better!


Weight: I weighed at the gym last week and I had gained 2 pounds, ahhhh!!!!

Belly Pictures:  My brother in law and sister have been so nice to come and take growth pics every few weeks! Misty is so helpful and creative and has decorated the super cute chalkboard for me each time! Here is the one we did last Sunday, a week ago. Actually seeing more of a bump now!




I took these pictures the day I turned 11 weeks. The bump is getting bigger, but still kinda hard to see under clothes!



Major gut!!!! Haha!






Gender: Beginning to feel more like its a girl or maybe I'm just hoping it is :) I have had several friends that have told me they think its a girl too, so we will see! I set my appointment for us to find out the gender at the 3d ultrasound studio (The Bump) in town on July 13th, yay!!! Only 4 more weeks until we know!




Maternity Clothes: Not yet but it's coming closer. I'm still using the hair tie for my jeans and shorts, to make it more comfortable. 


Movement: Nothing that I can feel yet. I'm not sure if I would actually know what it is when I do feel it, but I really hope I can distinguish between the actual baby and feeling gas!


Sleep: I have still been sleeping good and still exhausted everyday! We had friends over this weekend because Myron and Christie were in town and I stayed up with everyone until 1 and then I just couldn't take it anymore! I've been paying for it today though because I've been so tired!



What I Miss:  Just feeling good and not so tired all day. But I'm hopeful that this will be nearing an end soon!


What I’m Looking Forward To:  Finding out what we are having and being able to start picking out nursery colors and fabric!


Cravings: Nothing that I've HAD to have. I have had more of a craving for Chick-fil-a than usual and ate there a couple times last week. 


Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: Hands down, being able to announce to everyone that our blessing is on the way!!! We also listened to the baby's heartbeat again on the Doppler, that a friend of mine let me borrow, and it is AMAZING! I could just lay in bed and listen to it all day! I also enjoyed being able to spend Merlin's first Father's Day with him today!


My Concerns or Questions: Nothing really. Maybe just finding something good and healthy for me to eat for lunches since deli meat can contain bacteria harmful during pregnancy. I need something fast and easy, but also healthy at the same time!


Goals for the Week: Get the office cleaned out to start moving the extra bedroom into that room (this seems to be reoccurring here but we have just been putting it off!) :)



1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm loving your little bump!! And don't forget about your mega pizza cravings! haha
    So happy you were able to announce the good news a week before you planned!!

    ReplyDelete