Monday, June 25, 2012

12 weeks pregnant!



I have been looking forward to making it to 12 weeks since the day we found out we were pregnant! But then I realized the second trimester doesn't actually start until 13 weeks, so a few more days!

Baby Growth:  Baby P is a little over two inches long and weighs about half an ounce.  This means that, from crown to rump, our baby is about the size of a lime.  Our little one can now move his/her hands and feet individually.  He/she can also respond to sensations in and around them and can even flinch in response.  The eyes have finally made their way to the front of the head and the ears are in place, also.  Some organs that are starting to work this week are: thyroid gland, pancreas, and gallbladder.  If we had an ultrasound this week, we might be able to see our baby smile, frown, squint, fold the lips, and even wrinkle the forehead!  The baby is starting to grow hair this week.  Finally, my placenta is finally starting to take over to provide nutrients and oxygen to the baby.




My Symptoms: I've still been taking my Zofran everyday to prevent the terrible nausea/weakness/dizziness I've had! We didn't have anything to do Sunday (yesterday) so I decided to try again not to take it. It wasn't as bad as it has been, but I did start feeling bad that afternoon and got extremely weak and thought I was going to pass out when we went to Wal-Mart! So, I guess I'm still not in the clear and I'll probably try to stop taking it again next weekend. I felt pretty bad this weekend with sinus junk. My throat starting hurting so bad Thursday and I had a low grade fever on Friday. But now its draining into my chest and I'm blowing my nose every 5 minutes, but at least I'm feeling much better. I also had a massive headache yesterday I couldn't seem to get rid of!


Weight: Well according to the scale at the gym this morning, I've gained 5 pounds since pre-pregnancy, yikes!!!! But last time I went to the Dr. the scale was about 3 pounds lighter than the gym so I'm hoping for the same thing this time! Haha


Belly Pictures: I still feel like I'm in that awkward stage where my belly hasn't completely formed as a "bump" but still just looks fat! Ready for the belly to be defined so there is no question!



The bump forming in clothes!




Gender: Still don't have a "feeling" either way. So far, 3 dreams its a girl and 1 dream it's a boy. Only 3 more weeks and we will know for sure!



Maternity Clothes: A friend of mine just brought me a tub of her maternity clothes but it will be a while before I can fit into them. Except for the jeans, I may be rocking those bad boys pretty soon!



Movement: Still don't think I have felt anything that is the baby. Although I really don't know if I will be able to tell what is the baby and whats not.



Sleep: Pretty good, still up at least once a night for a potty break!

What I Miss: Feeling good without having to take medicine to make it that way!  


What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting to the second trimester and hopefully feeling better! And finding out what Baby P is in a few weeks!!!


Cravings: Sweets, sweets, and more sweets! I never normally want them or think about them like I do now!


Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week:  Spending ALL day Sunday staying in my pj's and resting! I've been going and doing so much lately that I desperately needed a day to do nothing!


My Concerns or Questions: Wondering if I can start doing some more moderately intense cardio (other than walking) when the second trimester hits. At least I can ask all my questions at my appointment next week!


Goals for the Week: Eating better this week (kinda let myself go last week, haha) and workout at least four times this week



2 comments:

  1. Rock those maternity jeans now, they are the BEST! I have a pair of skinny ones from Old Navy that I wear all the time. If they are the full panel jeans then they help turn your tummy into a bump! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for making it to 12 weeks!! I'm so glad you're past that now and have more good things to look forward to! Ps-still looking good sista :)

    ReplyDelete