Thursday, November 29, 2012

34 weeks pregnant!

I seriously cannot believe how far along I am! It just seems so crazy to think that she will be here within 5 weeks!

Baby Growth: This week, baby girl weighs almost 5 lbs and is almost 18 inches long.  She's really starting to pack on the fat and her skin is getting smoother and smoother. The biggest thing that she works on from here on out is lung development.





My Symptoms:  Exhaustion has definitely set in! I'm starting to feel like baby girl is so far up into my chest that it makes it difficult to breathe! I'm ready for her to drop so this will be alleviated a little. I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions but they are still inconsistent. They do seem to be getting more intense when they come but they still come randomly. I had a really bad one Saturday night, the worst they have been yet so I can only imagine how fun real contractions will be! :)


Weight:  I've gained a total of 30 pounds so far and go to the Doctor tomorrow so hopefully didn't pack on too much from all that Thanksgiving food!


Belly Pictures:  We were finally able to get another chalkboard photo in this week! Looking so huge at this point!



Here, also, are some pictures from our maternity shoot we did with my sis and bro in law over Thanksgiving. I was surprisingly happy with them for as bad as I feel I look!








Gender: Girl!!!!


Maternity Clothes: Definitely all I can wear now besides my tshirts and yoga pants!


Movement: I am starting to notice her movements not being as strong as they had been. She definitely still moves all the time but I can tell a major difference in how intense the movement is now. This is to be expected though, since she doesn't have much room to move around any more!


Sleep:  This is finally starting to get to be uncomfortable. I toss and turn all night and wake up because my hips or back or hurting and I just can't seem to find a sleep position that is comfortable. I'm also super stuffy when I sleep and so I can barely breathe, so Merlin gets to be blessed with my snoring, haha!


What I Miss: A good night's sleep and having clothes to wear!


What I'm Looking Forward To: I have officially chosen my last day of work to be Decemeber 20th and I'm really looking forward to being able to be off work and relax Christmas week, unless she decides to come before that!

Cravings: I've been craving holiday treats that my mom always bakes! Monkey bread, martha washingtons, Christmas cookies, icebox cake, mmmmmm I can't wait!


Best Moment of the Week: Thanksgiving and being able to spend time with the entire family! It was so nice being able to see everyone and catch up! I also thoroghly enjoyed the Thanksgiving meal and didn't even feel guily after eating all of it and then some this year! :)


Questions or Concerns: Just wondering how much baby girl is estimated to weigh. I know she should be almost 5 pounds, but I want to know if that's what she most likely is or more/less. I'll ask at my appointment tomorrow.


Goals for the Week:  Get our Christmas cards out! Also finish her nursery. Her monogram came in this week along with a few other small things I needed to complete the nursery. So, I want to get everything hung on the walls and finalized this weekend! Can't wait to see the finished product!

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading all this! You are going to be a great mommy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved looking at all those pics!! You are blessed to be so beautiful, even so close to delivery! I can't believe how close it is now!!

    ReplyDelete